Monday, January 23, 2012

just for fun

so my last update was work...this update is fun.....just got back from a short trip to macedonia, bulgaria, romania, turkey and greece with four other peace corps buddies...we rented a car in macedonia and did quite a bit of travelling...i think romania was my favorite country of the places with travelled, with a town/city called Brasov being my favorite place (although it was all enjoyable).  i had good company, good food, good sightseeing and good times...i think i simply reinforced my belief that major cities are not for me as istanbul although beautiful and full of history, was probably one of my least favorite cities...i just think it's tough to get a feel for a country by a major city, i'd much rather spend my time in the rural areas getting to know the people, and the culture...but that's just me...

next up is a trip to africa (kenya and possibly tanzania) with my girlfriend kristen...she has yet to be to africa, so i'm excited to share that with her...i have been there once and can't wait to get back..we're planning on going to a elephant orphanage, go on a safari, feed some giraffes, and hopefully visit a peace corps volunteer or two so we can see what life is like in Peace Corps AFRICA!

finally, i made a video for an organization called Travel with Balls...the idea is simple, when travelling the world, bring a couple soccer balls you can buy for about 2-3 dollars, and pass them out to kids in need...the response you'll get is amazing...clearly i'm not suited to be an anchor on ESPN, but it was well worth my nerves to make this video and support a good cause and good people! you can see my video below, and the official video below (official video first) and if you search "Travel with Balls" on facebook, twitter and the web you can access their respective accounts and their blog...i really hope it takes off and more people get involved...that's all for now..have a good one folks....

Official Trailer:

My contribution:

No comments:

Post a Comment