Sunday, December 12, 2010

burrrrreeezyyyy


so i have a post all good and ready for to explain what i did on thanksgiving..just waiting for a picture from a friend before i post...so don't worry..i did something..missed the normal celebration from the states...but still had fun..

in any case...it's starting to get much colder here...i woke up this morning and it was mid forties in my house...i'm guessing that means outside it was high 30's....it's been really brisk here lately...reminds me of a few winter days i've spent in nebraska...difference being, i don't have a heater in my house..i can get one..and may once it gets really cold..but for now i'm saving money on electricity, and i can stand it...as long as you guys can stand to hear me complain..

one thing i always took for granted was socal weather...i'd been in freezing temperatures before, and deserts...and i hate deserts...now i realize it's much different to visit cold...and to live in the cold...it affects a lot more things than you realize...

for instance..i workout in my apartment, using some weights i bought and a pull up bar i brought from home, with my personal trainer, tony horton...(if you don't get the reference, google it)...anyway...now that the weather is so cold in my apartment, when i workout, my tile floors gather up all the moisture in the room and get extremely slippery...i figured i could work my way around it until recently when i almost fell and busted me head open..so i bought this wonderful rug for 20 bucks, and now i feel a bit more safe...


on top of that, the cold air really does a number on my endurance, lungs and appearance...take a look at this shot, post workout, i felt and looked a bit like nick nolte from the old pic...



finally, here's a picture of my windows crying cuz it is sooooooo cold outside...haha..













1 comment: