Monday, September 20, 2010

wants and needs

So I’ve had this idea for some time now to write a blog about my desire to marr (to take/get) certain things from home…before going to albania I had seen people’s peace corps blogs from all over the world, including Albania, and many time they had a small wish list on the side of things they want, but can’t seem to get here…or are just too expensive on a volunteers “salary” maybe tidings would be a better word? Maybe not…

Anyway, after being in Albania for six months I’m finally ready to post my address and make some requests…so here goes:

Xhefi Knoche
Vullnetar ne Korpusin e Paqes
Bashkia Gramsh, Qyteti Gramsh
Albania

What I want…

pictures – pictures of you, pictures of me, pictures of us…I currently have a wall that I’m turning into a monster collage, and I can’t do it without your help…so please print out your favorite pics of you, me or us over the years and send them my way…in fact, it doesn’t even have to be a picture of you me or us…just a picture that will trigger a memory of you me or us…

in addition to the shrine on my wall….i’d like to put together a slideshow on my computer when I get time here, so if you can, send me a disc if some pictures as well….thanks!

the great news about this wish is that you’re coming off easy on the wallet if you were planning on sending me a package…I think you can get away with a few pictures and cd in a regular size envelope for about 1/20th the price it would be to send a package…

videos of my nieces/nephews/cousins/even friends and family I guess dancing or singing to new popular music – why do I want this? For one, I’m missing out on popular music, and I was just introduced to Justin bieber’s “baby” today when watching a video of my neice on youtube doing her American idle addition….it was awesome! My heart melted…needless to say I watched it about 3 more times, and not just cuz I like the Justin bieber song….

I guess that’s about it for now…thanks again to everyone for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment